Re: Art and Censorship- to Larry and all

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 18:31:23 PST

Larry and all... Sorry I was going to just send this to Larry.

Some schools block sites that show nudes....Yes even the finest art - even the Statue of David.
I don't want to recommend a site as a "great site" that will be blocked on the school servers. I am glad you had the time to wait for the entire site to load....It didn't work on my computer..... The main reason I am not recommending it is because the site did not work for me... I hope you can understand that. I waited....and waited....and waited for it to load....and then the search features did not work that quickly. I am glad you took the time to count all of the figures. Did you take the time to use the site? Did you try the search features? I have found other images sources on the Internet easier to use.

I have to be honest Larry.... I did not even take the time to read your entire post.... But I thank you for sharing your opinion of the site....as that is what I was asking for.

You failed to see in my post that I DID list the site on the virtual museums page which is where the site belongs. I hope I have answered your concerns about censorship. I was not alone in my opinion.

I want to know how other art educators find the site to USE....( http://www.artrenewal.org )

Judy

---