ideas for mural

---------

From: Chris Estey (cmestey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 16:31:27 PST

Hi everyone!
    I could use your ideas. I teach elementary art in a public school in Massachusetts. My grade 4 teachers have asked me to do a mural that ties in with their geography unit on the regions of the United States. Each class would be responsible for creating a mural on one of the regions. There are 24-26 students in a class so I could have 6-7 groups of 3-4 students. I was thinking of using paper rather than paint because we have been doing a lot of painting recently. Has anyone done a collaged mural? I was also thinking of doing using mosaics somehow. If you've done anything on this topic I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks!
Chris

---