Re: Great sites - P.S. on History of Photomontage

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:40:00 PST

Hello Art Folks,

There is one nude photomontage from the Victorian era.... I did send the
author email requesting he try to select a different image from that time
period...but of course he declined my recommendation (although he was not
offended). I explained to him that many schools do not permit teachers to
show nudes....but...... I know you will use your best judgment in how you
will use this site. I liked it overall and will list it on my Photography
links page (sometime soon).

> History Of Photomontage http://www.cutandpaste.info/
> It traces the beginnings of this fascinating area of art history from
> Victorian experiments, through the phenomenal creativity of the artists of
> Berlin Dada who made it into an art form, to the political propaganda of
> 1980s antinuclear activists.

Judy Decker

P.S. Sorry I missed posting this the first time.... Another lesson learned -
"re-read your message before you press send and make sure it says exactly
what you want it to say" (smile)

---