Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Hightlights of "Incredible Artists" on IAD

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:32:34 PST

I just added more artists to the "Incredible Artists" page....while some are
not so incredible (your high school students do better --smile), I thought
some were worth mentioning:

Hendrik Baartmen - geometric art (inspired by
Vasarely and Kandinsky I suppose)

Caril Chasens - - sculpture in wood (might
appeal to some of the boys? - has tutorials on the site)

Sam Spiczka - - abstract sculpture
(for the list member looking for site specific sculpture) -- I don't like
the banner ads and pop-ups from Angelfire --- but....

Louise Zjawin Franke -
(this is on Sierra -Arts site) - if you are interested in Art Parody (humor
in art)- her work will give you a chuckle....besides, she looks like my
mother (smile). And yes.... I know that there is a nude figure included
(but she is pretty well covered up). I have written to the email address
provided that I will remove the link if the rest of her work is all nudes or
not suitable to children.

Take a look at these if you choose.

Judy Decker