Science project (legit)

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 06:50:16 PST

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:33 AM

Subject: Science Project

The message below was forwarded to me from the director of Summit County
Educational Services in Ohio.

Hi: I am Shannon Syfrett a 9th grade student at Central Academy
(Mississippi). I am working on a project for my 2003 Science Fair to be
held February 25th, 2003

I am trying to see where, and how fast e-mail can travel in a period of
six weeks. I am keeping track of how many e-mails I get back, and what
cities, states, and countries they are coming from. I am hoping that you
will be willing to help me with my project!

There are only 2 simple steps that will help me to track this email:

  1. Please send an e-mail to the following address:

howfastorfar2003@aol.com

In the subject of the e-mail please include your city, state, and
country. You do not need to include your name. Please respond only one
time.

  2. Please forward this e-mail to everyone on your mailing list. I will
be keeping track of the number of responses, as well as the locations.
Therefore, send them even to people in the same town. In my science
project, I am trying to demonstrate how fast and how far information can
travel on the Internet in a six week period. If you receive this e-mail
after February 23.2003 please disregard it, since the project will be
over.

Thank you VERY much for your help!

Shannon Syfrett

---