Re: Thinking skills-new info

---------

From: Dianna Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 05:09:10 PST

I work for the Gifted Child Society and one of the
things we are always trained in are higher ordered
thinking skills (h.o.t.s.) One of the traits of
"gifted" kids is an earlier development of these
skills. We are asked o design curriculum specifically
stretching these ideas of abstract thought, problem
solving, etc. We are big on "process, analysis,
synthesis." I also work with a lot of learning
disabled kids or kids with special needs likeeke
Tourettes, ADHD, and Aspergers so it's real
interesting to me about how the brain works and how it
can be manipulated to compensate for areas of
weakness. Fascinates me.
Good, Luck,
Diannabanana, a lurker