Re: Posting on this list is a mistake- don't stop doing what you want to do (like posting here ) just because of others !!!

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 02:45:07 PST

Hi All,
 We go through this every couple months, he said she said I meant, I thought blah blah blah. Please don't stop posting to this list, let others say what they will... like I ask my students ... (in response to name calling and gossiping)
"Is it true ??" well... If not then you have nothing to worry about. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion...
Do you have to agree with it??? ... No....
But that's what this is all about, expression of ideas. Freedom of speech.
Freedom to read, internalize, DELETE, and EDIT !!!
Should anyone be rude ... well no.. .but that's MY opinion.
Does an editor have the right to edit... well.. YES that's his or her responsibility.
Do I show nudity to my elementary school students... No .. but that is my choice and my responsibility.
Do I do 32 identical "hand turkey's" with them ??? NO but that again is my choice
re: comments on othe people's anatomy...
Are my "tah's" (or Judy's ) anybody else's concern... NO. (my husband doesn't like me to bare them in public) : )

You gotta love verbal jousting, it does liven the place up a bit !!

KEEP POSTING, keep jousting, keep smiling . it makes them wonder why the Art teacher is soooo damn happy !! I love this list !!!!!!!

Hope this helps, Christine :)