Art Appreciation lessons for elementary - site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 20:00:54 PST

Dear Fellow Art Educators,

I received a recommendation (from Teri) for a link to Famous Paintings for
Children

http://gardenofpraise.com/art.htm

Famous Paintings for Students Online art appreciation lessons for students.
Very easy to read - biographies of artists and worksheets for the lessons.
Some of the artists are incomplete (check the bulleted ones).

You might want to check the famous paintings of long ago (black and white
reproductions):
http://gardenofpraise.com/child.htm (but you would probably want to come up
with you own "take a closer look" questions if you want my reasons - ask off
list Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

I have listed it on my Art Ed page
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm#Criticism
(and will eventually list it on the Art Education links page on Incredible
Art Department. My concerns for this site are that my favorite artists are
not completed -- and the fade transitions may lock up older computers (they
did when I had them on my site years ago). I hope there are plans to do more
to the site. Check the worksheets before you use them to be sure the kids
can answer all of them from the reading. Some of the links from the pages
are very good -- but not at elementary reading level. I didn't check each
and everyone...It is worth exploring. There might be a favorite artist of
yours presented.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Pat - Do let me know when the other artists are finished. I will
correct the information on my site. Do consider removing the fade
transitions...They really slow the site down and I have a fast cable modem
and fast processor -- they may cause a problem for slower computers.

---