Re: NCLB- I need ideas-Help

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 19:25:14 PST

At our school we have after school programs. Teachers are paid to work with
students in small groups on reading and/or math skills two times a week for
an hour and a half. At first, teachers were paid with grant money, but I
think that now it is written into our budget (but I'm not sure). We also
have Reading for Life Long Learning which is a program that brings local
university students together with our students. In addition, we have a
tutoring program which enables our middle school and high school students to
earn community service credits by tutoring our elementary students and
helping them with their homework. All this happens on Tuesdays and
Thursdays after school.

Leah