Re: Thinking skills-new info

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 18:17:36 PST

wow, thanks for that "myelinazation of the axions of the frontal - lobe).
gosh, now i understand why the kids (high school) have such a hard time with complex
thinking. when i found out they are impulsive because their hippocampus (i think that's it) hasn't matured yet,
that made a lot of sense. i still strive for mature behvior and higher order thinking but, try to remember
where my students are starting from.
good luck with your stroke student. my husband had a stroke 11 months ago and watching him struggle has
been a real eye opener and a lesson in compassion for me.
nancy in north texas

---