Re: Need your opinion on this site (digital art)

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 17:17:25 PST

Judy - I do not find the site offensive, nor do I find
it helpful as an art educator...

I think that most of the sites linked to from IAD have
an emphasis on teaching - lesson variety, ideas and
the like. This one seems like an artist's showcase
with some examples of student work that echo his own
aesthetic. I tried to figure out where it belonged -
but compared to the two school sites I compared it to
in the tech arena, it did not seem quite as useful.
His article may be interesting, but I didn't take time
to read it yet. I think most of us already advocate
the use of technology. (Hope I judt didn't open a
whole new can of worms...)

On the other hand - I just spent some time with the
career section. I don't know if it was already there,
but my kids have some research waiting. I'm sure when
they get to the dollar signs they'll be excited
though!

Keep up the good work.
You are infinitely valuable and inspiring!
Dawn