Re: Can plaster be fired in a Kiln...

---------

arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 16:42:56 PST

It is beyond me why this is so important to her. I asked her about it today and she wants to do a MASK, because she saw a mask that appeared to be made of plaster and yet covered with a ceramic glaze. I told her that porcelain clay could be what she saw covered with ceramic glaze, because porcelain clay is similar in color to plaster, except a creamier color.

Thanks for such a speedy reply,
Idus in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)