clay bowls

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 17:12:05 PST

Judy,
   I didn't use anything in the bowls-we just pressed them into the
styrofoam. Yes, you can see an impression on the under side of the bowls
that matches the styrofoam bowls!- but the clay didn't stick to the bowls-I
took them out the next day. I did have a potter-in -residence one year who
did a really cool coil (hard to say) project with the kids using a Kool whip
bowl and pressing coils all around the sides and later adding a slab bottom.
They made banks or pencil holders and he had them put damp paper towels in
the bowls to avoid sticking.
        Jeryl in SC

---