Perspective Artists

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 12:40:52 PST

I have tried twice now to send this off list to: dchiavola@msn.com and it
has come back both times as undeliverable....Apparently, you must have some
other way of retrieving your ArtsEdNet mail.
I apologize for sending this all to the list again (my stuff) as I know I
recently posted the perspective updates to my site. I have included links
here for the artists the list members mentioned.

Charles Sheeler:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/sheeler_charles.html

Maurice Utrillo:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/utrillo_maurice.html

Gustave Caillebotte (whose painting of busy
street in Paris in the rain is at the Art Institute of Chicago):
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/caillebotte_gustave.html

Canaletto:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/canaletto.html

Here is one that I don't have listed -- there are some links down at the
bottom to artists:
http://mathforum.org/sum95/math_and/perspective/perspect.html

Here are some resources I have listed on my site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm#Perspective
You will see links to works on some of them

Drawing One Point Perspective Interactive site by Harold Olejarz

Drawing Art Studio from University of Evansville. Step-by step lessons for
Linear Perspective -- Lessons on Color and Painting, too. Designed by Ralph
Larmann.

Leonardo da Vinci - Exploring Linear Perspective (the Last Supper is a good
example)

One Point Perspective Demonstration - from Sanford. Includes step-by step
handout. Here is a hand-out for two point perspective

Two Point Perspective Drawing Demonstration from Sanford

Geometry of 3-D Drawing A Math Forum Summer Institute Project by Cathi
Sanders. See also Isometric Drawings, Oblique Drawing, Perspective Drawing
and Careers in 3-D Drawing

Judy Decker

---