Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Work using lettering needed for site

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 08:32:48 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters and ArtsEducators:

I just heard from Cecilia Sharpley Montrose that she is looking for more
children's art for her site - DO check out the site is a good

Excellent site on Calligraphy and Handmade books.

Children's Playground:

From Cecilia:

One disappointment has been the lack of spontaneous work by children for
the Children's Playground of Lettering. The majority of the work has been
solicited through teacher friends of mine, although when I set up the Pencil
Gallery, and offered a prize of a splendid wooden case of Faber Castell
Polychromos pencils, I did receive several class submitions, which was

Any child who submits work can do so with a request for her name to be
withheld. I do like to put vaguely where they come from, city and country
do, and their age.

Here is Cecilia's email address so you can find out more -
This would be a great opportunity to get more of your student art online.

Judy Decker

P.S for Ginny -- You have some nice lettering art on your site....Maybe you
could send some examples to Cecilia?