Re: Can plaster be fired in a Kiln...

---------

cvsnare_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 07:47:54 PST

I agree that plaster actually mixed with clay would probably be a disaster. I've always been told the same thing -- if the wedging board is chipping and bits of plaster get in your clay, it's bad news.

When I heated plaster it was only to use the pieces as molds to in which to melt glass.
Jeff Abney