a Must See Calligraphy and bookmaking site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:03:07 PST

I just heard from Cecilia Sharpley - member of another art list group -
about her site on Calligraphy and Handmade books. You will want to check it
out - there is so much to see. Lots of ideas for making books and images to
show the kids - plus beautiful calligraphy and paste papers. You will want
to check the Children's Playground for ideas for art projects using letters:

http://www.cecilia-letteringart.com

Contemporary Calligraphy - Calligraphy, Lettering and Artists Books - Site
by Cecilia Sharpley - On this website there are well over 1000 pages of
artwork, including handmade books, calligraphy, paste papers, a mail art
gallery and a Children's Playground of Lettering. A feast for the eyes!

I have put a link on my papermaking/bookmaking page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/paper.htm

and also on the Chinese Calligraphy section (seems to fit there too):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/china.htm#Calligraphy

I hope you enjoy this site.

Judy

P.S. forward on any good bookmaking sites or papermaking sites you have
explored and I will add them to the page.

---