Tres Culturas: Summer Santa Fe Seminar Opportunity

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 14:02:41 PST

Tres Culturas: The Art and Culture of New Mexico will again be offered
by me this coming summer at Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe (formerly called
Plaza Resolana). This seminar, held from July 25-30, is for anyone
interested in seeing below the surface of the art and culture of Santa
Fe and northern New Mexico. The seminar costs $590.00 and includes room,
most meals, materials, museum and other admissions, and travel during
the seminar. Participants are responsible for travel to and from Santa
Fe.

Activities planned for this summer so far include a visit to Georgia
O'Keeffe's house in Abiquiu (very difficult to get into!), making
pottery with two highly respected women potters from San Ildefonso
Pueblo (includes a visit to the Pueblo to fire the clay pieces you make
- a real honor), a behind-the-scenes tour of the Museum of International
Folk Art, visits to the annual Spanish Market and the best flea market I
have ever seen in the U.S., and much more. Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe is
only a few blocks from the plaza, so it is very convenient. We will also
be there at the height of the summer season, when the opera and chamber
music festivals offer other cultural opportunities.

You may contact Ghost Ranch in Santa Fe for further information at
www.ghostranch.org. They also have a campus called Ghost Ranch, but it
is north of Abiquiu. Or you can ask me if you have any questions. New
Mexico is the only place that I have returned to year after year and I
continue to discover new treasures and experiences there. I hope you
will join us!

Nancy Walkup
nwalkup@dentonisd.org
940-382-8274