Site on Ancient Greece - worth exploring

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 10:06:14 PST

I found this site while snooping through Ginny Rockwood's site:
Ancient Greece:
http://www.ancientgreece.com/html/art_frame.htm

It is good stopping place if you are looking for examples of Greek
architecture (need examples of column orders?) and sculptures. The site acts
as a "webliogrpahy" on Ancient Greece (art and architecture, history,
Olympics, geography - more). It operates with a frame - pulling in sites
from all over the web. If you are using it for research, simply right click
in the window - go to properties and you will get the correct URL for the
site you are interested in. I do have some of the sites listed separately on
my site....but they are many more to explore.

Here is a good one on Greek Jewelry that I explored:
http://www.addgr.com/jewel/elka/index.html

I have Ancient Greece listed on my pages on Ancient Civilizations:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ancient.htm#Greek

I also was re-introduced to the Canadian Museum of Civilizations (I have
several of the exhibits linked to my page) --- but not the Museum home page:
http://www.civilization.ca/indexe.asp
Right now I have this listed on World Cultures and will also add it to my
Museum page.....there is lots to see.

Judy Decker

---