Re: Color theory

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 09:14:25 PST

I decided to teach color theory not because I had to or it was expected. I am
teaching it because it was never taught to me properly. (Four years in an art
college, you would think they would say something). Anyway, as a result of it, my
personal work suffered. I didn't get why, until I started talking and sharing my
work with other artists and they pointed it out to me.
Color theory is not easy to understand, and some of us do have a natural ability
to do it. So I teach it for those that do not have a natural ability, to help
them 'see' better, and to better use color to pull their picture together. The
other reason I teach it is so they learn how to create their own color combos
from just the primary colors. It has been my personal experience that my art work
is much more intense when I make my own secondary colors.
And that is why I personally, teach color theory : ) .
Michele

---