African Art Internet Lesson updated - see highlights

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 13:15:42 PST

I have spent quite a bit of time updating the links within my African Art
Online Lesson.
Many links going to outside sites were broken. All have been replaced with
even better sites.

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/afr-less.htm

There is LOTS to see! Some of the "goodies" I found while correcting links:

http://www.dogon-lobi.ch/
Dogon - Niger - Lobi - Excellent photographs of the people and region.

http://www.zyama.com/
this is a super site-- once you know what culture you are looking for. LOTS
to see!
African Art Museum - Online Collection -- collection of African tribal art
featuring over 1,200 artifacts from 100 ethnic groups. Items on display
include wooden and bronze statues, masks, religious, ritual and domestic
objects, furniture and weapons. Learn about art, culture and history of each
ethnic group. Start your museum tour by clicking on the tribe names.

These are linked from my African Arts Links page, too as well as within the
lesson.

New to my Puppets page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/puppets.htm

http://www.mosaiquedumonde.org/__ang/HTML/expo/bozo/index.html
http://www.mosaiquedumonde.org/__ang/expo/
See the Puppets of Mali - very informative -- The Bozo puppets of Mali.
Let's discover the colored magic of the Niger River fishermen. (be sure to
click the play button) See the Flash presentation - from Mosaique du Monde.
See examples of Bamana puppets. See this Antelope Puppet of the Bamana/Bozo

http://www.uiowa.edu/~africart/teachers/lessons/020.html
Lesson Plan: Rod Puppets of Mali Art and Life in Africa Project - University
of Iowa. See examples of Bamana puppets.
See this Antelope Puppet of the Bamana/Bozo (see the Puppets page to get
these hyperlinks)

---