nature-oriented make & take activities needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 11:32:42 PST

A post came through the ArtsEducators list that I know all of you folks can
help with....Kelli is looking for some fun nature oriented activites.Please
reply to the list and I will forward to Kelli - or
mailto:scouterouter@yahoo.com. I did invite Kelli to join the Getty list -
nothing can compare.

From Kelli:

Hi everyone-- I have been a member for a few months now but have
never had anything to post. Here's the story...
I am doing an internship at a place that teaches water conservation,
wildlife stewardship, environmental responsibility, etc. (I am starting a
graduate program this summer to get my certification in Visual Arts, so I am
a little out of my comfort zone with all the science-based learning here at
my internship). We are trying to come up with some activities to provide
for ages 3-12 here at our festivals (Earth Day, Sturgeon Festival) and I
would like to have some arts-and-crafts activities. Any ideas about
anything that might
(a) be relevant to our nature-oriented approach and
(b) be plain old good crafts that produce fun results?

Any ideas would be appreciated. From what I have read of the
messages this group posts you are a very knowledgeable and creative group
with lots of great ideas and resources.

Thanks!
Kelli Hughes-Schimelpfenig
Water Resources Education Center, Vancouver, WA
mailto:scouterouter@yahoo.com

---