Re: Jay Conley Drawing Pages - Attention Bunki and all

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 06:51:28 PST

Hello ArtsEdNetters...

I did a web search to try to find an old post about the Jay Conley drawing
pages - unfortunately nothing came up. It was so long ago that it wouldn't
come in the search archives even if that function was available. I seem to
recall Bunki had some information on them (but I have been known to be
wrong).

If anyone knows how to acquire these pages - please post to the list. I know
they are good.

USA folks - have a great President's Day,

Judy

P.S. I wrote email to Mark Stone (Getty list administrator) with everyone's
concerns - I hope to hear back from him - I will let everyone know what he
has to say. It won't do any good to keep "complaining" to the list about the
digest/archives. I seriously doubt that he has time to read all of our mail.

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth

Here is the site I found the info about drawing forms and castles. The Jay
Conley pages I found about here on Artsednet a couple years ago. He may
still have a site. Judy? I ordered both of his drawing set. They come in a
packet with reproducible pages.They are cartoon like drawings with lots of
textures. I have used pages from the set with a space project and a
rainforest project both with great results with 4th and 5th grade levels. It
just really seems to get them motivated and excited and then they take off
from there.
   Jeryl in SC where we are on a 2 hour ice delay!

http://mathforum.org/workshops/sum98/participants/sanders/Geom3D.html

---