Impressionism Internet Lesson updated

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 19:57:12 PST

I have updated the Internet Lesson on Impressionism
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/impress.htm

Students used this lesson in the computer lab. I didn't expect them to get
it all done in one period -- just wanted them to keep busy exploring and
learning. I have included a link to the lesson plan (and will fix the links
within the lesson soon). I no longer have the student work online -- but it
was an experimental watercolor project where they tried different techniques
on strips of 6 x 12 inch water color paper -- each student painting at least
three strips. When dry, they tore the strips apart and created their
"impression" of a landscape - gluing to 12 x12 background - beginning with
the sky and working forward-- finishing with the foreground. The white edges
of the watercolor paper where it was torn added some interest. After the
collage was done - students went in with fine point markers and added
textural interest -- They looked at drawing techniques of Van Gogh for this
step.

Once I am done fixing broken links on the site - I will look through all of
my disks and put images on the lesson plans....there is always something
more to do (smile).

Those on the Getty list who have my CD may save this file as impress.htm
Save background image into the image folder (if you want that too).

Judy Decker

---