Re: sketch books in elementary and castles - Jeryl

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 14:25:30 PST

Jeryl,

I have had my students working in medieval projects since the beginning
of the year. They have already finished their pencil and sharpie
drawings, but I am curious about the site that you found that had
castles and perspectives toghether. Also, did you find Jay Conley's
drawing pages online or in a book? Thanks for the help. If you want to
know any of my plans that I have used, just drop me a note. Thanks.

Sandy

Jeryl Hollingsworth wrote:

> All my students in grades 3-5 have a sketchbook that we make at the
> beginning of the year with pocket folders from Walmart -the PTO bought
> them for us. I use all one color for a class and keep them in a copy
> paper box lid on shelves. Students decorate the covers on the first
> class day and they kuse the pockets fro storing hand-outs. They use
> the sketchbooks for taking notes, making plans, practicing , drawing
> in if they finish early, etc... Right now the 5th graders are drawing
> castles after we started with some perspective lessons. I found a site
> that had castles and perspectives together and copied a page for them.
> We borrowed cans from our food drive boxes and they drew from
> observation to get cylinders looking right and we used a couple of Jay
> Conley's drawing pages on castles

---