Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Excellent sources for Renaissance portraits

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 14:12:42 PST

Getty ArtsEdNetters and ArtsEducators.

For those of you moving from the Middle Ages into the Renaissance - you will
want to check these sites I stumbled upon today by accident (I was looking
for Public Domain images):

Welcome to Tudor England 1485 to 1603.
Learn all about life in Tudor England - See portraits of people of the time.
Site by Marilee Hanson. (some of her internal links don't work - but there
is still plenty to see - and lots of images)

For more portraits visit Tudor and Elizabethan Portraits -
Lots of images to see - good source for costume design - by Edward Buehler.
There are all sort of people represented kings - queens - nobles( German,
French, Italian).... Links are worth a galnce too: I just checked Renaissance: and found more Heraldry resources.....

I have Welcome to Tudor England and Tudor and Elizabethan Portraits linked
You will have to scroll down to the end of Renaissance entries.

P.S. to Sandy Bacon.... I can really see how your playing cards unit will
change in the future - you will have lots of images to show the kiddies.