Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Telling tales with art - a must have CD - see why

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 12:48:02 PST

I always liked to include folk tales with my cultural units (read while the
kiddies were working) - great for interdisciplinary studies with language

I have a copy of Karen Chase's "Webliography of Story Telling Resources" and
I haven't even begun to explore it all! I have included many of the
resources on my pages for various cultures and I will list those below. But
you will want to get your own CD -- now at a special price of 2 for $15.00
(pair up with a list budy and share the cost --- or pair up with a
coworker - whaterver - GET THIS CD!
You can get a glimps of what is on at: .

Here are my list of pages with Folk Tales included:
African Art Links (just click on folk tales at the top -- Karen if you are
reading - you don't have the ones from Liberia). I had these already - but
Karen does have some of them on her CD.

Oriental Art (scroll down to Chinese Folk art - I can see I need to
hyperlink this page)

Japan:- listed under Japanese Culture:

Tales from India - listed under art and culture:

Tibetan Folk Tales (toward top of page):

Karen - here is one you don't have:
Hiamalayan Art: Explorations Great stories for "kids of all ages". These
stories contain lessons about good and evil, often focusing on the
importance of kindness, generosity and compassion.

Magic tales of Mexico: (right under Folk art and crafts)

Native American - right under myths and legends

Karen - here is one I didn't see on your CD (but it might be somewhere else
I haven't explored):
Animal Myths and Legends Many Native American tales.

Folks - make sure you read the Native American myths and legends first -
some really are not appropriate for children... I listed with reservation.

I won't be sharing all of the "goodies" on this CD on my site -- so you will
eventually have to get your own Karen
Chase is a member of Getty artsEdNetTalk and has shared some wonderful
interdisciplinary resources with us that I yet to get on my site....another
project for this week, I guess.

Enjoy these -- I will be doing more updates later,

Judy Decker