Telling tales with art - a must have CD - see why

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 12:48:02 PST

I always liked to include folk tales with my cultural units (read while the
kiddies were working) - great for interdisciplinary studies with language
arts.

I have a copy of Karen Chase's "Webliography of Story Telling Resources" and
I haven't even begun to explore it all! I have included many of the
resources on my pages for various cultures and I will list those below. But
you will want to get your own CD -- now at a special price of 2 for $15.00
(pair up with a list budy and share the cost --- or pair up with a
coworker - whaterver - GET THIS CD! Mailto:TEACHINGTALES@aol.com
You can get a glimps of what is on at:
http://www.story-lovers.com/productschace.html .

Here are my list of pages with Folk Tales included:
African Art Links (just click on folk tales at the top -- Karen if you are
reading - you don't have the ones from Liberia). I had these already - but
Karen does have some of them on her CD.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/afrilink.htm

Oriental Art (scroll down to Chinese Folk art - I can see I need to
hyperlink this page)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/oriental.htm

Japan:- listed under Japanese Culture:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/oriental.htm#Japanese

Tales from India - listed under art and culture:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/india.htm#CULTURE

Tibetan Folk Tales (toward top of page):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/tibet.htm

Karen - here is one you don't have:
http://www.tibetart.org/stories/e.html
Hiamalayan Art: Explorations Great stories for "kids of all ages". These
stories contain lessons about good and evil, often focusing on the
importance of kindness, generosity and compassion.

Magic tales of Mexico: (right under Folk art and crafts)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mexico.htm#FOLK

Native American - right under myths and legends
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/diversit.htm

Karen - here is one I didn't see on your CD (but it might be somewhere else
I haven't explored):
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~oban/
Animal Myths and Legends Many Native American tales.

Folks - make sure you read the Native American myths and legends first -
some really are not appropriate for children... I listed
http://www.kstrom.net/isk/stories/myths.html with reservation.

I won't be sharing all of the "goodies" on this CD on my site -- so you will
eventually have to get your own copy.....mailto:TEACHINGTALES@aol.com. Karen
Chase is a member of Getty artsEdNetTalk and has shared some wonderful
interdisciplinary resources with us that I yet to get on my site....another
project for this week, I guess.

Enjoy these -- I will be doing more updates later,

Judy Decker

---