Re: Contemporary N.A.

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 11:00:05 PST

There is a must-see exhibit on tour right now, currently at the
Philbrook in Tulsa, called "Changing Hands, without reservations". It is
contemporary Native American fine art in craft media, and this volume of
it focuses on the Southwest tribes. We see a LOT of Native American art
and craft here (OK) but rarely do we see it of this quality. I've been
to the show twice so far and will go again. Apparently there are future
exhibits planned that will focus on different tribal groupings. Several
of the pieces deal with humor and politics, and all of it is worth the
drive over.

---