Re: Daniel Smith Art Supplies

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 10:56:13 PST

In my opinion of about 20 years and through my MFA printmaking years, if
Dan Smith makes it, especially in the realms of watercolor or
printmaking, it is going to be good. And their service can not be beat.
Their prices are generally too high for me to use them for school
materials, but if you can, that's great.

Christine Besack wrote:

> Hi All, anyone ever try these inks. they sound good... wanted to try
> them just got a small press this year at one elementary school.was
> thinking about monoprints or collagraphs. Let me know if you have
> tried them, or what you think... price wise.Thanks,Christine :)
> http://www.danielsmith.net/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?UID=2003021315451955&HTNAME=ds-manufactured-products-water-relief.html

  Daniel Smith Water-Based Relief Printing Inks

  The first truly professional quality water-soluble ink. We spent years
  developing and testing various formulations before we came up with one
  that in every respect meets our standards for excellence and consistency
  from batch to batch. At last, you can enjoy the ease of printing with
  water-based ink and get the superior print quality you thought you could
  only get with oil-based inks.

     * It's easy to clean up-- no toxic solvents necessary, just soap and
       water.
     * It's great for use in schools and universities and ideal for those
       with chemical sensitivities.
     * The black is rich and extremely dark, with a neutral tone that's
       neither cold or warm. It prints beautifully on a wide range of
       papers, and dries to a beautiful satin finish.
     * The open time, significantly longer than that of competing inks,
       gives you time to do more unusual printing techniques such as
       double roll-ups for greater saturation.
     * You can apply a much thinner layer of ink than is customary for
       water-soluble inks, eliminating over-inked prints and blurry
       edges.
     * Once it sets, our ink is not reactivated by water, a big plus for
       artists doing chine collé, collage or card making.

> ---
> bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---