Art History sites worth checking

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 15:54:51 PST

I went through my Art History/History resources today (and will be updating
the American History page soon).

I found a couple sites I added to my Art Education page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm

Under Art History:
http://www.thinker.org/fam/education/publications/guide-american/index.html
A Teacher's Guide to American Art - information about twenty-four objects
that represent American art from colonial times to the Civil War period. The
descriptive information about the artworks is accompanied by lesson plans.

Under Fine Art Image Sources:
http://www.i-a-s.de/IAS/htm/frpinakothek.htm
International Art & Science High quality images (click on word jpeg) The
Pinakothek - archive and showcase for Masterpieces of Art with encyclopedic
intentions. Art ranges from the Ancient Mediterranean, the Greek,
Hellenistic, Etruscan, and Roman art, the Early Christian and early medieval
art, the Gothic ,the Renaissance ,the Baroque and Rococo ,the Neoclassicism
and the 19th century of Art. Works are in ABC order in right frame.

They don't have every artist available - but what they do have is high
quality - some cultures represented too. This would be a good site to grab
images for PowerPoint or for printing off. They have a lot of some artists -
like CÚzanne and Bosch --and many Renaissance. It's worth a look. I did
quick scan and couldn't find some of the cultures they listed.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

---