A Textile Artist worth checking

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 15:42:18 PST

I "discovered this artist" at the Mint Craft Museum site.

http://www.mindspring.com/~mazloomi/
Carolyn Mazloomi Check her beautiful appliqué story quilts. "Contemporary
African American quilters create richly narrative quilts because we are a
people with many stories to tell" - Carolyn is author of Spirits Of The
Cloth. More images of her work.

Be sure to check the gallery too. I know some of you have done - or will do
quilt untis with your students.

I have her listed under Contemporary Textile Art
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/textiles.htm

Note to those with my CD....This page has not been checked yet -- I will let
you know when broken links are removed.

Judy decker

---