Beads - beads and more - Crafts update

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 12:15:26 PST

     Crafts page is now called Arts & Crafts (thanks to Deb in Colorado).
There has been so much discussion on the list about beads that I felt it
necessary to add a section....and how dare we call beadwork "craft" (ha-ha).
I am taking more links for your favorite beadwork artist and jewelry....post
to the list. Below are the new additions to the list - You will have to
check the pages for the hyperlinks to all (I am posting as plain text to be
kind to digest users)
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/crafts.htm
      Do check the Mint Museum (under craft sites of interest):
      http://www.mintmuseum.org/mmcd/collections.htm

      Beads and Jewery

      Arrow Springs Everything You Need For Making Glass
      Beads - Marbles - Buttons - Sculpture. Also check Frantz Art Glass
(new site coming soon).

  Bead Artist: Liza Lou Be sure to see Liza Lou's Kitchen , Back Yard and
Abraham Lincoln Portrait --all in beads. Feast your eyes on more images.

  Beaded Sculpture: Sherry Markovitz Beautiful examples from Greg Kucera
gallery. See also Bear's Lair at Mint Museum of Craft and Design. Be sure to
explore the entire collection at the museum.

  Bead Museum Glendale, Arizona. The Bead Museum tells the story of the
global history of beads that goes as far back as 30,000 B.C.E. Be sure to
check out current exhibits - past exhibits and coming attractions.

  Bead Museum Washington D.C. Be sure to check the current exhibits.

  Beads of Splendor: Migration of Beadmaking through Africa Not a lot of
images - but excellent information. Find out about the culture, the
history - Be sure to check the other cultures in this series on Migration. I
enjoyed Africa's Legacy in Mexico. Try a Google search for more images on
African beadwork.

  Beth Piver Designs Husband and wife team. Best known for mixed-metal
jewelry, which can be found in galleries and craft stores all over the
country and overseas -- primarily from silver, copper, brass and bronze --
assembled by hand using cold-connections. See more examples of her whimsical
work.

  Craft sites of Interest:

  Crafting North Carolina
  Crafting North Carolina is a multi-faceted, interactive exploration of
North Carolina's history and craft tradition. Through Crafting North
Carolina, students explore the state's natural resources, geography,
cultures and craft traditions through the collections of the Mint Museum of
Art and the Mint Museum of Craft + Design.

  Mint Museum of Craft and Design. North Carolina The techniques and
inspiration of artists throughout the world are showcased in collections of:
ceramics, fiber, glass, metal and wood.

  Super Saturday!

  Judy Decker

---