Why is the Getty server down ?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 08:01:53 PST

Mark,
        There are lots of messages out there about why people can not
get signed up back onto ArtsEdNet. Many signed off for a while and
now can not sign on. I believe that they still can access the archives
but it would be great if they had full access to ArtsEdNet. I believe
we are loosing contact with many good art teachers out of frustration.
I'm glad I never signed off the list when I've gone on trips or I would
have been in the same boat.
        I have a link on my web page so I can check ArtsEdNet mail from
anywhere, but I'm not able to use it because all I get is a message that
the Lyris server is down. Can you tell us what the problem is or just give
us an idea about when everything will be working ? That would really be
appreciated.
        ArtsEdNetters often contact me directly thinking that I have a
special friend at the Getty. It's because you respond to my e-mails.
I will post whatever explanation you send me. Art teachers out here in
cyberspace really benefit from and do appreciate the service the Getty
provides with ArtsEdNet. Please let the powers that be know that.
        On a side note, I'm bring my triplet grandkids to California this fall.
If we bring them to the Getty, I'd really like to meet you face to face
to thank you and the Getty for boosting Arts Education.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15