Daniel Smith Art Supplies

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:42:10 PST

Hi All, anyone ever try these inks.
 they sound good... wanted to try them just got a small press this year at one elementary school.
was thinking about monoprints or collagraphs.

Let me know if you have tried them, or what you think... price wise.
Thanks,
Christine :)

 http://www.danielsmith.net/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?UID=2003021315451955&HTNAME=ds-manufactured-products-water-relief.html

      Daniel Smith Water-Based Relief Printing Inks

      The first truly professional quality water-soluble ink. We spent years developing and testing various formulations before we came up with one that in every respect meets our standards for excellence and consistency from batch to batch. At last, you can enjoy the ease of printing with water-based ink and get the superior print quality you thought you could only get with oil-based inks.

        a.. It's easy to clean up-- no toxic solvents necessary, just soap and water.
        b.. It's great for use in schools and universities and ideal for those with chemical sensitivities.
        c.. The black is rich and extremely dark, with a neutral tone that's neither cold or warm. It prints beautifully on a wide range of papers, and dries to a beautiful satin finish.
        d.. The open time, significantly longer than that of competing inks, gives you time to do more unusual printing techniques such as double roll-ups for greater saturation.
        e.. You can apply a much thinner layer of ink than is customary for water-soluble inks, eliminating over-inked prints and blurry edges.
        f.. Once it sets, our ink is not reactivated by water, a big plus for artists doing chine collé, collage or card making.

---