Re: Caricatures...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:27:08 PST

My son is a professional caricature artist...and knows Kruger, Jan O'deBeek,
etc., and will be featured in an up and coming book out of Belgium by
O'deBeek

I had Jason, come up from Chicago and do a three day workshop with my
students. There is live caricaturing..then there is "studio" work...the
latter being when the artist puts in many hours to knock himself out. Live
caricatures are about 15-20 minutes tops. Jason does both, and is quite
talented. I started a thread at Wetcanvas to announce that I did take a
number of digital pics and will be putting together an online article
showing step by step methods...words from Jason, tips..and other samples of
his work. When that is finally finished, I will make that announcement here
to the group which could then become a convenient article to bookmark. With
the Internet Explorer and PowerPoint...you could archive, capture...and use
the webpages to create a presentation off the computer and onto a larger
screen. At any rate...I used the "Tiny Urls" site to create a smaller link
to that announcement at Wetcanvas...where a few of his examples are. Jason
did a caricature of our principal, superintendent...and a number of
staff...all to the pleasure of the students. Then, the kids gave it a go.
Much fun-
http://tinyurl.com/5vkx

Larry Seiler
My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---