Picasso and Matisse linocuts

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:24:25 PST

I found a good site for examples of Picasso's linocuts.... I had searched
for linoleum prints before and didn't find much.
http://www.picassomatisse.com/?P.Linocut
Picasso Matisse Linocut Five pages of images - including linocuts, etchings,
posters and ceramics. Does have several nude prints. Chronology with
several photographs

Four pages of Matisse images - and biography....the prints by Matiss are
mainly etchings and lithographs.... I did a quick check throughand didn't
find linocuts (but I didn't click on every image) - many nudes.

I found some Matisse linocuts:
http://www.artloft.com/matis15.htm
http://www.alancristea.com/pages/masters_gr/master_pages/henri_matisse2.html
http://spaightwoodgalleries.com/Pages/Matisse3.html

I have updated my Know the Artist page on Picasso:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/sp-picas.htm

You might want to check out the work of Paul du Toit
http://www.pauldutoit.com/
Paul du Toit See the work of contemporary artist inspired by Picasso. Bronze
sculptures, wood sculptures, welded sculptures and paintings.

I really enjoyed his work. He emailed me a couple of years ago and asked to
have a link on my site.... I was happy to do so.

Judy Decker

---