Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Picasso and Matisse linocuts

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:24:25 PST

I found a good site for examples of Picasso's linocuts.... I had searched
for linoleum prints before and didn't find much.
Picasso Matisse Linocut Five pages of images - including linocuts, etchings,
posters and ceramics. Does have several nude prints. Chronology with
several photographs

Four pages of Matisse images - and biography....the prints by Matiss are
mainly etchings and lithographs.... I did a quick check throughand didn't
find linocuts (but I didn't click on every image) - many nudes.

I found some Matisse linocuts:

I have updated my Know the Artist page on Picasso:

You might want to check out the work of Paul du Toit
Paul du Toit See the work of contemporary artist inspired by Picasso. Bronze
sculptures, wood sculptures, welded sculptures and paintings.

I really enjoyed his work. He emailed me a couple of years ago and asked to
have a link on my site.... I was happy to do so.

Judy Decker