Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Jim McNeill - Tessellations - Keith Haring

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:16:23 PST

I spent some time "talking" to Jim McNeill Friday (via email)... I needed
the links to
his demo and tessellation images. I am working on putting all of the "Know
the Artist" pages I had back online. The Jim McNeill one I did as an example
of a living artist:
all of the iamges on this page wer used with Jim's permission.

His excellent tessellation demo is still online:
check my page for links to his images.

For those of you trying to keep up with all of my updates -- I made several
corrections in the navigation to all of the Know the Artist pages:
I used this for my Art Tech research project

Keith Haring is also back online (a demo page I did):

Judy Decker

P.S. If anyone wants the URLs for Jims demo and links to tessellation
images - I would be happy to send them to you off-list. The tessellation
posters - video and book are a must have...See Crystal Productions catalog
page 11 - you can now get the whole set for only $62.95 (CP-6107). The only
thing I didn't like about the video is that it is strictly a how to --I
would like a little of art history - that is where the book comes in.
Tessellations: the Historoy and Making of Symmetrical Designs (this was a
collaboration betweenn Pam Stephens and Jim). I showed parts of the M.C.
Escher video to my students for art appreciation.