Quality site - Northern Indian Resources and plans

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 08:15:40 PST

Sara Scheid always sends me such good stuff! I have added links to my page on Americas Diversity:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/diversit.htm

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/ks/12010_e.html
Learning circle - Indians of Northern Canada Download copies of The Learning Circle - designed to help students learn more about First Nations and related issues through fun and interactive exercises. Younger students will enjoy the traditional stories and games, while older children can learn more about a range of topical issue, including treaties and self-government. More quality information sheets on Northern Indian culture (download pdf files) Try "Discover Inuit Art" and "Stories the Totems Tell" These are all from Kids Stop: Indian and Northern Affairs Canada - definitely a site worth exploring!

Do consider this site if you plan to do a unit on Northwest totems.

Enjoy! It is Fabulous Friday.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Karen -- I hope you have this resource on your CD... I haven't explored that far yet. If not - DO get it on your new one.

P.P.S. for digest users -- please accept my apology for sending this as html - I know it will come up with all of that annoying html code.... I am hoping that all of the hyperlinks remain in my post for the non-digest users.....and my apologies to all for so many posts to the list on updates.... I almost didn't put my site back on because it was in need of an overhaul but Ken Rohrer (IAD creator http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/ ) talked my into it.

---