RE: perspective for 5th grade, thinking or not taught?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 16:48:07 PST

Larry,
        We teach both, in Texas.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence A. Parker [mailto:occti@mindspring.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 9:39 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: RE: perspective for 5th grade, thinking or not taught?

With all this talk about using rulers and teaching the kids measuring
and measurements, I noticed that most(/all?) of you are talking about
Standard rulers. Are none of you teaching or using Metric?

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

> We are using a simplified ruler with
> only 1" marks at this level and they are understanding the
> basics. Our second graders are using rulers marked to 1 1/2"

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---