Re: fund raising/art auctions

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 17:50:30 PST

I have an art auction each spring of the 8th graders "art history"
furniture.
Students are not required to auction off their piece...perhaps 1/2 of the
8th grade (about 100 students) auction their pieces. That doesn't mean 100
pieces are auctioned...as they work in groups of 2 to 4 students.
We do a silent auction, last year the pieces we placed in the hallway
outside the gymnasium for two days and one evening (happened to be the
evening of the academic awards banquet :)...) Sheets of paper were placed
on each item for bid. Each sheet had an explanation of the art on the piece
and the starting bid price. Anyone wishing to bid simply placed their
nameand phone # on a line with a bid price.
Bidders were given notice that they had a certain amount of time to pick up
their work and it to be paid for to pick it up.
We raised about $500 last year. This year we are having the auction the day
and evening of the spring art/talent show.

---