Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Kid Pix Lessons

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 07:13:58 PST

This site has several links to different lessons using Kid Pix:
The kidpix site has some neat ideas as well:
*We have been without computer access for the entire year at our elementary.
When the situation is resolved I had thought it would be fun to have each
student choose their favorite artwork, digitalize it, and have them create a
mini story revolving around their artwork. This could include pictures of
themselves as well.
* Use the shapes to create tessellations (small squares, perhaps arranged in
a mosaic).
* Make parts (face, features, hands, etc.) for puppets.
I think it's a fun program for elementary - very similiar to Power Point but
more child friendly.
K-12 Art Teacher