Re: Kid Pix Lessons

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 07:13:58 PST

This site has several links to different lessons using Kid Pix:
http://www.ameritech.net/users/macler/kidworks.html
The kidpix site has some neat ideas as well: http://www.kidpix.com
*We have been without computer access for the entire year at our elementary.
When the situation is resolved I had thought it would be fun to have each
student choose their favorite artwork, digitalize it, and have them create a
mini story revolving around their artwork. This could include pictures of
themselves as well.
* Use the shapes to create tessellations (small squares, perhaps arranged in
a mosaic).
* Make parts (face, features, hands, etc.) for puppets.
I think it's a fun program for elementary - very similiar to Power Point but
more child friendly.
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I will be doing a presentation on using Kid Pix in elementary school as
part
> of a digital imaging presentation geared towards a K - 12 audience.
>
> As a middle school teacher I haven't played with Kid Pix in a while. I
have
> checked for Kid Pix lessons on the web but was wondering if any of you
have
> any Kid Pix lessons posted or any ideas to share.

---