Re: sketchbooks and observation skills

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 07:00:05 PST

Mark - this sounds like a really fun assignment! Thanks for sharing it.
~Michal
K-12 Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  And to further complicate my response, I think sketchbook assignments combining all three would be great training and lots of fun, too. For example, draw a small object from memory, by studying it carefully then putting it away before beginning to make a realistic drawing of it. Then draw a hand from direct observation in a position logical for holding the object. Then create a background from imagination.

---