Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re Liza Lou - beads - and beyond

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 07:01:34 PST

Lest year, a student at our highschool created some beaded works that
were incredible. One was a circle completely covered with turquoise
bugle beads (long and narrow). This piece was truly amazing in that she
created a complex wave-like pattern throughout. The beads were mostly
strung, then glued onto the surface. The process is similar to african
and mexican beaded works. Lots of connectionsto possible projects!