Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

An easy lesson to introduce animation

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 05:16:15 PST

I know flip books have been discussed on the list before....Here is an easy
idea I spotted on one of Linda wood's links:
Thaumatropes --The thaumatrope is an early motion device you spin. While you
spin the thaumatrope your brain retains what it sees on one side when it
sees the other side - so your brain thinks it is seeing both sides.

The examples aren't all that wonderful -- but you can get the idea.

Here is an easy - bird in the cage:

Here is more on Thaumatropes:

I think you get the idea.....

Judy Decker