Re: Scratch Art Scratch Foam printing board...a disappointment

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 16:14:37 PST

>I also use the Speedball Ink and I bet that has something to
> do with the great results we get.
> Carolyn in MA

I'm thinkin' that's the main culprit Carolyn. As for depression of lines
and such, I did basically everything everyone said. The material's not THAT
challenging to figure out, but I'm thinkin while the Nasco Ink I use is
ideal for plastic etches where paper is wet and put thru a heavy press with
the wool padded blankets, etc., its perhaps too tacky or not conducive to
these simply print methods. I believe I have a few speedball tubes of ink
lying around and will experiment with that. I'm wondering if even some
acrylic paint might not work if done quickly...thanks

Larry S
My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---