Some Middle Ages sites of interest

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:33:56 PST

I stumbled across some Middle Ages sites of interest today -Resource page
has been updated:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ageof.htm

The new sites are:
Middle Ages Art and Architecture Michelle Roberts gives a nice overview of
the Middle Ages. Images are shown but little information is given about each
piece. She also provides a brief history.
See her site to see what all is available.
http://www.manitoulin-link.com/medieval/medart.html

Glossary for Medieval Art and Architecture has definition, line drawings to
illustrate and sound pronunciation.
http://www.pitt.edu/~medart/menuglossary/INDEX.HTM See also Images of
Medieval Art and Architecture Site is by Alison Stones - Professor of
History of Art and Architecture at the University of Pittsburgh
http://www.pitt.edu/~medart/

Tales of the Middle Ages Be sure to see the image collections too. A Feast
For The Eyes - Animal & Agriculture, Medieval Woodcuts Clipart Collection;
Fantastic Fish of the Middle Ages; Mythical Plants of the Middle Ages These
are all authentic woodcut illustrations for the Middle Ages. Lots of woodcut
illustrations for those who are doing printmaking with your Middle Ages
units. http://www.godecookery.com/mtales/mtales.htm

I was watching two very boring Middle Ages videos -- so boring I won't even
post a review.

Wonderful Wednesday!
Judy Decker

---