Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: sketchbooks and observation skills

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 08:14:08 PST

Dawn, I do the observational drawing and stress the the students (2nd -
5th) that this is skill building. The creative part comes after 15 min.
of observational drawing. Their drawing/observational skills have
greatly improved, and there's not the same'fear' of drawing when they;re
asked to draw something imaginary or real. Iam very strict during
observational drawing, tho.