RE: liza lou - beads

---------

From: Robert L. Snyder (rsnyder_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 14:35:30 PST

Did you all know that there is a 'Bead Museum' here in Wash.DC.?

Yes, its at the corner of 'G' Streets and either 7th or 8th Streets NW.
about 4 blocks north of Pennsylvania Ave. Its a few blocks from the Ford
Theater (u know - where Lincoln assasinated) and MCI & convention center.
Its not a real big museum like the Smithsonian, Corcoran, Phillips and
others here - but it about 5 rooms (one floor) and holds xamples of beads
from all over the world and many various countries and historical periods.
Also some recent contemporary works all from beads and beadworks. its one
of the many interesting places to check out in DC - thats a bit 'off the
beaten track' - not many tourists know about or bother to go. The few
times i've gone - i've been almost the only one there. Staff is always
eager to have visitors.

I can't find their brochure - had one somwhere around here otherwise i'd
send their ph. # and web site so you could check it out before coming to
DC. - Rob Snyder, Maryland

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Hillmer, Jan wrote:

> I love her stuff. Beadworking is a personal love, and she's been doing
> this stuff for a while. Do let us know if you find that video.
>
> Jan

unfortunately,.....

> Marian

---