Art of India - Page updated on Decker site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 16:28:35 PST

I have updated my resources for Art of India:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/india.htm

I particularly like the folks art paintings.

I have also updated Papermaking and Bookmaking due to the interest in
sketchbooks:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/paper.htm

I sent the post in earlier but I never saw it come thru.

Those who have my Web CD may save these pages as htm.

Judy

---
5 minutes long.  Can much really be
> accomplished in just 25 minutes?
You'd be surprised at how much info you can glean in that amount of
time.  Obviously, there are not going to be any hands-on activities like
at some of the 50-minute presentations.
> Also, I'm assuming the hands-on workshops fill up really quickly--like,
> probably are already full.?  Is it ever possible to sign up for any of
> these at the conference itself?
You're right, the ticketed events fill up very quickly.  It's highly
unlikely there would be any slots left in any of them if you register at
the convention.  Your best bet is to post a sign on the bulletin board
that's always there asking to buy a ticket; if you're willing to pay a
bit more than the ticket cost originally you might have some nibbles.
People are always selling tickets so check the board daily.  If that
fails, it's sometimes possible to lurk in the hallway outside the
meeting rooms and ask the presenter if you can purchase a no-show's
ticket.  Some presenters may have extra materials for desperate people
and will be glad to take your money.  I just hope they do the right
thing and turn the money in to NAEA!
The conference is a lot of fun, and will pique your interest and keep
you motivated 'til the end of the school year.  It's well worth it.
Maggie
---