Re: Scratch Art Scratch Foam printing board...a disappointment - Mark

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 14:31:43 PST

Mark,

You described exactly what I do with it -- by denting and RE-denting!
 Also, I forgot to mention to Larry that when you burnish the print, you
have to be really careful when you rub so you don't flatten the dents.
 My kids had trouble with this. I like your idea about greeting cards.
 Stationery is a good idea that I didn't even think about. I just used
the foam with fourth graders. They drew their self-portraits and then
printed them on white paper. They cut them out and then added shoulders
and a bodice, depending how much they had room for, after lining them up
bodice to bodice on a 12 x 18 sheet of white paper at the halfway mark.
 We call it the line of symmetry, because they are making huge playing
cards. They then have to add medieval clothing and crowns, for kings
and queens. Designs are made in sharpie marker. One side is colored in
 cool colors and one in warm colors. Kids used colored and metallic
pencils to do this. Thanks for sharing your idea !

Sandy

---